We have no limit for creative work submissions. We only ask that they are significantly different from one another, and suites of poetry or artworks are grouped together as one submission.
- Written Work: Up to 2000 words.
- Poetry: A maximum of three poems.
- Artwork/Photography: No more than a suite of 10 images in a single series.
- Music: no more than five minutes.
- ScratchThat prioritises publishing the content of QUT (Queensland University of Technology) students, alumni, and emerging creatives.
- ScratchThat will only consider previously unpublished content.
- We ask that if your piece has been rejected, please only submit the piece again if it has been significantly reworked.
- Each chosen submission will go through our editorial and copyediting teams before the they are uploaded or printed with ScratchThat.
- Please ensure that all submitted files include both the name of the piece and the name of the author.
- ScratchThat will not publish work with disrespectful language. Do not include racist, sexist, homophobic or bigoted content unless the theme is destroying that discrimination.
- Profanity, sexual content and nudity (in artwork) can be included but must be appropriate for the magazine. All work will be evaluated for suitability.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Freelance submissions are open!